Advantages of Smartboard Wall System over Gypsum Board Wall System
The biggest advantages of the Smartboard over Gypsumboard are as follows:
- Smartboard is waterproof. Gypsum board is not.
- Smartboard is termite Proof. Gypsum board is not.
- smartboard is very strong/ durable/ solid. Gypsum board is weak and damages easily.
- Smartboard has high point load bearing capacity. (i.e: You can hang chandeliers, heavy paintings, plasma tv etc without any sagging directly on Smartboard. No need for any special supporting framing members behind the board). Gypsum board damages very easily as compared to the Smartboard.
- Smartboard can be used for exteriors as well as interiors. Smartboard can withstand all types of weather conditions. It can be used for exterior cladding, exterior facades, indoor and outdoor false ceilings, roofing substrate, flooring substrate. Gypsum board can be used only for interiors.
- The surface of Smartboard is very versatile and can take the following finishes/ cladding materials directly on the natural surface. i.e: Paints, Wall Paper, Veneers, Laminates, Ceramic Tiles, Vitrified Tiles, Natural Stones etc. Gypsum board is much less versatile.
- You can fill the cavity of the Smartbaord wall with foam concrete if a solid touch and feel is required. Not possible with Gypsum board.
Advantages of Smartboard Wall System over Brickwall
Smartboard wall system is 1/6th the weight of a conventional 4.5” brick wall. Thus it reduces the dead load of the building resulting in cost savings in steel /concrete/ foundation in the building structural system.
Procurements of bricks/ concrete blocks is becoming more difficult and expensive day by day as the factories are moving further away from the construction sites thus resulting in higher logistics cost to mobilize the materials to the site. In a high rise construction the cost of moving heavy materials like bricks/ concrete blocks to upper stories in big quantities is expensive and labour intensive. The Smartboard system is more efficient and economical in this respect.
Skilled masons/ Labour for erecting good quality masonry walls is becoming more and more expensive and difficult to find day by day.
Smartboard wall system is 10-15 times faster than a conventional brick wall system in the basic erection. i.e: a skilled mason team can erect upto 60 sft of brick masonry in 1 day whereas upto 800-1200 sft of Smartboard wall can be erected in one working day by a team of Smartboard Wall installers.
- With the current modern construction techniques, the structural component of any building goes up quite fast. What is time consuming/ dirty/ cumbersome is the construction of interior partition walls. The conventional process of masonry wall involves the following steps: erecting the wall, curing of the wall for strength, rough plastering, curing of the plastering, POP, Drying of the POP finish, Painting. Each one of these processes is time consuming/ cumbersome/ unclean/ inefficient.
- The Smartboard wall system can result in much faster construction of partition walls thus resulting in faster deliveries of projects, big savings in finance cost due to early completion of projects.
- The Smartboard system results in cleaner construction.
The Smartboard surface comes smooth and pre finished and can take all kinds of paint finishes without any need for plastering/ POP. The finishing of the wall system can be much faster, cleaner and cheaper.
All electrical/ plumbing etc conduits can be installed in the cavity wall system of the Smartboard wall. No need to make grooving in the wall for embedding conduits (Like Brick wall). It is much easier to identify/ fix leakages or electrical wiring problems if they occur.
It is easy to erect curved walls using Smartboad system.
You can screw and nail directly in the Smartboard.
Smartboard is an exterior grade material and can be used on external facades. It can be used for exterior cladding, exterior facades, indoor and outdoor false ceilings, roofing substrate, flooring substrate.
The surface of Smartboard is very versatile and can take the following finishes/ cladding materials directly on the natural surface.
a. i.e: Paints, Wall Paper, Veneers, Laminates, Ceramic Tiles, Vitrified Tiles, Natural Stones etc
The Sound rating of a conventional brick/ masonry wall is around 39 dB. The Smartboard Drywall system even without any insulation results in a similar sound rating of 39 dB. Higher dB ratings are possible by designing the Smartboard wall system with insulation etc.
Smartboard wall system has better thermal insulation as compared to a masonry wall system.
The Smartboard is waterproof, termite proof and has high strength. It also has good point load characteristics.
Smartboard is an environment friendly/ green product. And registered with USGBC. It is also non asbestos.